U.S. Reps. Jerry Nadler and Doug Collins, are leaders of the House Judiciary Commission, which approved articles of impeachment on Friday. The weeks of secret and public hearings in Washington, D.C., are over, the articles of impeachment have been drawn up and the U.S. House is set to […]
More Headline News
Politics, Policy, Political News Top Stories Politics, Policy, Political News Top Stories
- Here are the four Senate factions that will decide Trump’s fateby John Bresnahan and Burgess Everett on January 20, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Inside both parties are key blocs of senators who will ultimately decide how the trial proceeds.
- Senate Republicans plan speedy Trump trialby Burgess Everett and Marianne LeVine on January 20, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Senate Republicans plan to pass impeachment trial rules giving both the White House counsel and House impeachment managers 24 hours over two days each to make opening arguments.
- Trump lawyers seek quick rejection of Democrats’ impeachment caseby Darren Samuelsohn, Kyle Cheney and Andrew Desiderio on January 20, 2020 at 5:12 pm
The lawyers argue Democrats didn’t present any evidence the president conditioned security assistance and a White House meeting with the new Ukrainian leader.
- Bloomberg’s massive ad campaign hikes TV prices for other candidatesby Maya King on January 20, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Candidates running for other offices in Super Tuesday states are feeling the squeeze.
- How Trump fused his business empire to the presidencyby Anita Kumar on January 20, 2020 at 1:09 pm
As Trump kicks off his fourth year as president with an impeachment trial tied to his actions involving Ukraine, critics say the president has yet to face accountability for blatant conflicts of interest tied to his private businesses.
- Trump’s staffing struggle: After 3 years, unfilled jobs across the administrationby Nancy Cook on January 20, 2020 at 1:13 pm
The 45th president has struggled with key political appointments more than any recent president — despite his party’s control of the Senate.
- Marijuana legalization may hit 40 states. Now what?by Mona Zhang on January 20, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Changes in state laws could usher in even more confusion for law enforcement and escalate the pressure on Congress to act.
- Plastic bags have lobbyists. They’re winning.by Samantha Maldonado, Bruce Ritchie and Debra Kahn on January 20, 2020 at 1:11 pm
Eight states ban the bag, but nearly twice as many have laws protecting them.
- Biden pulls ahead in new Iowa pollby Natasha Korecki on January 20, 2020 at 3:06 pm
There’s some indication of fallout for Sanders and Warren over their recent spat.
- John Roberts Finally Gets His Day as Umpireby Richard Primus on January 20, 2020 at 1:14 pm
In a high-level drama with very few surprises, the newest character could also be the most consequential—and also the hardest to predict.
Never miss a beat... stay in the loop of all the latest breaking news. SUBSCIBE NOW